Sunday, August 21, 2005

Little Tikes MagiCook Toy Kitchen

This toy kitchen looks like most any other toy kitchen playset. Until you notice all the FCC ID numbers on the toy foods.

I thought to myself as I was putting it together. "Gee, those have to be RFID chips in each and every toy food thingie."

Guess what? It looks like they are! This has to be the killer app for RFID. Yeah, ok, fine, RFID chips help factories get more efficient. But WOW what a fun toy kitchen.

The stove talks to you about what foods you are cooking, and throws in pithy comments. If you put two foods on top of the stove or in the oven, then the software identifies the two foods, and will make comments about your choice of groupings, which I found truly amusing. Apparently, eggs and ice cream are not as appreciated as a food combination as I would have predicted.

No comments: