Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Unwanted Ads From Verizon in Mobile Blogging

Read about another person dealing with this same issue.
Read about yet another person dealing with this same issue.

Dear Michelle Thompson,

We are happy to assist you with your concern.

Thank you for spending your valuable time bringing your concerns to our
attention. We do apologize that the advertisement seems 'cheesy'
'distracting' and 'offensive' to you and your readers. Customer feedback,
such as yours, enables Verizon Wireless to continually improve the
products available to our customers. We will ensure that your feedback is
sent to the correct department to allow us to make future improvements and
enhancements to the products that we offer. Verizon Wireless
apologizes for an inconvenience incurred as a result of our product's current
functionality.

If you have further questions or concerns, please write to us again
through www.VerizonWireless.com. We appreciate your business and thank
you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,

Tonique
Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Service Agreement
and calling plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read
those materials for full details. Our liability is limited. In the
event of a conflict between this response and the terms of your Service
Agreement and calling plan, the terms of your Service Agreement and
calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless's calling plans, rate areas,
rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies
are subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement.


Original Message Follows:

Primary Subject: Feedback
Secondary Subject: I have an unresolved issue concerning a person,
service or product

Message Body: I mail photos to my blog and image storage service directly from my phone. I've noticed, over the past few weeks, that an advertisement is inserted with the photo. This requires me to manually edit the blog entry. I absolutely do not want this ad on my site, or with my photos.

The reason that I do not like the advertisement is threefold. For the photos that I take, an advertisement is often inappropriate, due to the non-profit and religious subjects that I journal. Second, the text drowns out the description that I often include to describe the image. Third, my readers are complaining. They view the ads as 'cheesy' 'distracting' 'offensive' and have asked 'can't you do something about this?'

I'm beginning the process of trying to do something about this situation with this email. With the additional time required to log in and edit posts, I may as well not send the images in the first place. The attraction of mobile blogging with the Verizon phone was that I didn't have to do anything to edit the post. Now, unless I want to tolerate a very distracting, long, repetitive series of ads in my journal, I have to log in and manually edit out the html code that is getting inserted in my datastream. I would like to talk to someone about this. Images from more than a week or so ago don't have this advertisement. I don't believe anything has changed in my package or agreement. I haven't received any notice or update about these ads.

They are a very large issue for me and greatly reduce my satisfaction
with Verizon. I look forward to hearing from you.

-Michelle Thompson

No comments: